When the Time is Right…
As we plan for the resumption of worldwide travel, our intention is to operate different tours throughout 2021, as conditions permit. At all times, however, the well-being of our guests and staff members on tour will continue to be our highest priority.
To that end, we will be taking significant steps to maintain a healthy environment for travel, establishing protocols for all facets of our tours, as outlined below. In addition, we will have detailed safety protocols for each and every tour that we offer.
So, when the time is right, we look forward to welcoming you on tour. And while we know that travel will look different going forward, we also want to ensure that you still will enjoy an engaging and enlightening experience, with opportunities for spontaneous activities and events.
Safety Protocols for Future Small Group Journeys
We are committed to following the guidelines of the State Department, CDC, WHO, and authorities of respective countries regarding travel to a particular destination. If it is deemed unsafe to visit a specific destination, we will alter the itinerary accordingly. We also will consult with our tour directors and travel partners on site for guidance on conditions where they live and work.
The nature of our small group tours (12 to 24 guests) supports physical distancing; however, we will establish and adhere to a detailed set of health and safety protocols to ensure your well-being while traveling. While each trip will have detailed guidelines in place, the following represents a brief look at what we expect to be in place at the time of your tour.
Should you have any questions, we are open for business – albeit remotely – and can be reached by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at (888) 370-6765, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Prior to Your Tour
We strongly recommend that guests purchase a travel protection plan to protect themselves in the event they fall ill prior to the tour and need to cancel, for medical coverage while on tour, and for trip interruption should it be necessary to miss part of the tour because of illness.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and most airlines are implementing their own health and safety precautions, including conducting physical distancing plans, health screenings and temperature checks prior to boarding, and mandatory face coverings. You can learn more about individual airlines’ details on their websites.
Upon Arrival at Your Destination
Your Odysseys Unlimited Tour Directors will use non-contact thermometers to check all guests’ temperatures upon arrival. If a guest demonstrates symptoms of being unwell, he/she will be directed to receive medical attention and will not be permitted to join the tour until deemed safe to do so by a physician.
While on Tour
While local conditions may vary based on the destination, the timing, and nature of the tour, the protocols below will be followed (with additional safety protocols implemented where necessary):
- Face coverings will be required for all guests, tour directors, local guides, coach drivers, and other service providers coming into contact with our group
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the tour
- On tours that utilize headsets (“Whispers”), your individual headset will be thoroughly sanitized prior to the tour and sanitizer will be provided to allow for regular cleaning
- Guests who develop cold or flu symptoms while on tour will be required to immediately seek professional medical care
- Visits to tourist venues will be planned to assure proper distancing; your tour director will assess local conditions (and possible crowds) to adjust both time and length of visits
Your Tour Director
To ensure proper leadership for the duration of your tour, each tour director will be required to adhere to the following protocols:
- Be screened for good health, including personal daily temperature checks and mandated self-reporting of any symptoms of illness prior to joining our group
- Be fully trained in health and safety protocols to follow for the duration of the tour
- Conduct a personal temperature check on a daily basis while on tour
- As always provide 24-hour availability to all guests on tour
- Assess local conditions and be prepared to alter the itinerary if deemed necessary
Motorcoaches and Safari Vehicles
All transportation vehicles will be cleaned and all surfaces sanitized regularly throughout the tour, and drivers will have hand sanitizer available for guests. We will utilize the space of our full-sized coaches to create physical distance between guests.
All hotels and lodges utilized will be cleaned regularly, with a particular focus on guest rooms and high-impact areas such as check-in desks, lobby areas, restaurants, and fitness centers. While specific protocols may vary by destination, we will utilize only those establishments that commit to maintaining a high level of cleanliness and sanitation.
We will monitor all eating establishments on a regular basis. We will utilize only those that commit to maintaining a high level of cleanliness and enable us to provide an appropriate degree of physical distancing.
In order to provide a safe travel experience for our guests, we need your help, as well. Hand hygiene, physical distancing, the wearing of face masks, and monitoring your own health symptoms will go a long way toward creating a healthy environment on tour.