When the Time is Right…
Updated May 26, 2021
As we begin the resumption of worldwide travel, our intention is to operate different tours throughout 2021, as conditions permit. At all times, however, the well-being of our guests and staff members on tour will continue to be our highest priority.
To that end, we will be taking significant steps to maintain a healthy environment for travel, establishing protocols for all facets of our tours, as outlined below. In addition, we will have detailed safety protocols for each and every tour that we offer.
So, when the time is right, we look forward to welcoming you on tour. And while we know that travel will look different going forward, we also want to ensure that you still will enjoy an engaging and enlightening experience, with opportunities for spontaneous activities and events.
Safety Protocols for Future Small Group Journeys
We are committed to following the guidelines of the State Department, CDC, WHO, and authorities of respective countries regarding travel to a particular destination. If it is deemed unsafe to visit a specific destination, we will alter the itinerary accordingly. We also will consult with our Tour Directors and travel partners on site for guidance on conditions where they live and work.
We will establish and adhere to a detailed set of health and safety protocols to ensure your well-being while traveling. While each trip will have detailed guidelines in place, the following represents a brief look at what we expect to be in place at the time of your tour.
Should you have any questions, we are open for business – albeit remotely – and can be reached by email: email@example.com or toll-free at (888) 370-6765, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Effective August 1, 2021, all Odysseys Unlimited guests, Tour Directors, and any long-distance coach drivers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to travel, including both doses when required.* Additional entry requirements related to COVID-19 may be imposed by foreign governments as well. Please read more about Odysseys Unlimited’s policy pertaining to global entry requirements here.
*Please contact us with any questions regarding requirements for travel prior to August 1, 2021.
Prior to Your Tour
We strongly recommend that guests purchase a travel protection plan to protect themselves in the event they fall ill prior to the tour and need to cancel, for medical coverage while on tour, and for trip interruption should it be necessary to miss part of the tour because of illness.
Also, we require that all guests read and acknowledge the following three documents related to global travel during the COVID-19 pandemic: COVID-19 Guest Health and Safety Protocols, COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Release, and Travel Protection Acknowledgement. These documents will be provided to you prior to departure.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and most airlines are implementing their own health and safety precautions, including conducting health screenings prior to boarding and mandatory face coverings. You can learn more about individual airlines’ details on their websites.
While on Tour
While local conditions may vary based on the destination, timing, and nature of the tour, the protocols below will be followed (with additional safety protocols implemented where necessary):
- Face coverings over the nose and mouth will be required when appropriate. The use of face coverings will be dictated by current CDC guidelines, local regulations, and on-site conditions as determined by the Odysseys Unlimited Tour Director. Policies and protocols for coaches and local establishments will be at the Tour Director’s discretion at the time of travel.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the tour
- On tours that utilize headsets (“Whispers”), your individual headset will be thoroughly sanitized prior to the tour and sanitizer will be provided to allow for regular cleaning
- Guests who develop cold or flu symptoms while on tour will be required to immediately seek professional medical care
Your Tour Director
To ensure proper leadership for the duration of your tour, each tour director will be required to adhere to the following protocols:
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to the beginning of your tour
- Be screened for good health, including mandated self-reporting of any symptoms of illness prior to joining our group
- Be fully trained in health and safety protocols to follow for the duration of the tour
- As always provide 24-hour availability to all guests on tour
- Assess local conditions and be prepared to alter the itinerary if deemed necessary
Motorcoaches and Safari Vehicles
All transportation vehicles will be cleaned and all surfaces sanitized regularly throughout the tour, and drivers will have hand sanitizer available for guests.
All hotels and lodges utilized will be cleaned regularly, with a particular focus on guest rooms and high-impact areas such as check-in desks, lobby areas, restaurants, and fitness centers. While specific protocols may vary by destination, we will utilize only those establishments that commit to maintaining a high level of cleanliness and sanitation.
We will monitor all eating establishments on a regular basis and will utilize only those that commit to maintaining a high level of cleanliness.
In order to provide a safe travel experience for our guests, we need your help, as well. Hand hygiene, the wearing of face coverings when appropriate, and monitoring your own health symptoms will go a long way toward creating a healthy environment on tour.